Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Handiwork of God!

God has worked out an amazing thing:

A couple of weeks ago I (Phyllis Schmid) was eating a sandwich and after 24 years of no problems, I have had pain in my left jaw ever since. I've been in correspondence with Wayne Whitley who helped me so much 24 years ago.

I asked Mom about how we met Dr. Whitley:
Wayne came to Haiti every year for a while in the late 70's and early
80's [on dental missions trips to La Pointe, Northern coast of Haiti]. The last time he worked on my jaw was in 1986. His treatment gave me relief for 24 years until the problem just recently. He has kindly offered to treat me and take care of the problem while we are out this time. His family are very special friends.

Dr. Whitley and his family live in Fredericksburg, VA. Guess who else lives in Fredericksburg?!? Mom's brother Bob Roper and his family! What a blessing that Dr. Whitley is available to help her and that Uncle Bob and Aunt Joanie are in the same town.

So Mom is coming out two weeks before Dad and in that two week period, she will be having her jaw taken care of. An additional blessing is that she will be staying with Uncle Bob, Aunt Joanie and Sherri and will be able to visit with Julie and Jeff and their kids!

Because Mom is in the US for the two extra weeks all of this will be done before Dad comes and they can spend the rest of the time here relaxing together which is also a blessing!

God is so amazing in the way He works these things out!!! I just had to share with everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment