Thursday, June 24, 2010

Update from Phyllis Schmid

Greetings,

We are having strange June weather but I guess there is a storm somewhere in the Caribbean and the last few days have been very windy, a little cooler and rainy. I'm just praying the northwest is getting some rains too as they need it. The problem with the hurricane season beginning is all the people who are still living on the streets in tents and tarps. Tropical storms and hurricanes can dump a huge amount of rain in a short period of time as we all know. Please pray for the people of Haiti during this time.

First I want to share something wonderful with you. Cindy just sent out an update and put it into words so well that I'm coping her update for all of you:
It's always good to hear about victories on God's side and defeats against Satan. So I want to share one for your praise and prayer.

In January 2009 I shared about Yves, Wawa's father and a voodoo priest, who turned from Satan to the truth of salvation through Jesus Christ. Yves is growing in his new faith very quickly. Wawa has shared how serious Yves is about studying God's Word. He also is very enthusiastic about sharing his faith and seeing others come to salvation through Jesus. This past week, Yves told Wawa he is giving land so a church can be built. Wawa said there is no church or evangelical ministry in this area.

So, land once used to house a temple for the worship and work of Satan, will now be dedicated to God and used for the spread of the Gospel and the advancement of God's Kingdom.

Go ahead...shout hallelujah! Do a happy dance! Sing a song of praise!

And continue to pray for Yves: that he'll grow in faith and in understanding of God and stand firm against the attacks of Satan. Pray for this project of building a church on this land.Satan will not let go without a fight I'm sure.

I hope you are encouraged today with this victory for our side and with the mighty power of God displayed in this situation.

Blessings, Cindy
Just in case you don't know what a happy dance is I've seen Cindy do a few in my time. :-) I'm a little more reserved but this news just has to fill you with rejoicing.

Reports from Rich Mears are that he is healing and doing well. We are thankful for that.

I'm attaching some pictures of the Quonset Hut almost completed. We received 3 - 20 foot containers on campus today to use as additional storage. Those of you who know our hill and campus lay out will be able to imagine that getting those up here was a real "feat" especially when it rained when the last one was coming up. This is truly an amazing building.



I've mentioned my struggles recently and know many of you have been praying. Thank you for praying. And thank you to Beth Brown' for her help which enabled me to get caught up with the audit reports I need to make every three months and also all the finance accountability for the Earthquake Relief funds for April - mid June this week. That is a huge load off my shoulders. Things got backed up because of my time in the states.

It wasn't just that though that was weighing on me - the pressure to get everything done this summer for STEP opening in the fall can be overwhelming for our men and that affects me too. I read a note from a friend that reminded me that peace will fill my day when I allow Christ to fill my mind.

Nothing new there but it does help to be reminded where my peace comes from. I need to remember too that peace is not the absence of trouble but is the presence of God.

Just pray that David, Bruce and Duane will be able to keep up the daily work load. Pray for Bruce as Duane leaves on July 10th and we leave on the 13th for 10 days. Last night David was asleep by 7 pm and got up at 5 am today.

He needs to do that a little more often! He spent a lot time today looking for supplies - what he wouldn't have given to be able to go to a Home Depot for an hour or so and he would have found everything in one spot - oh well.

All for now.
Love,
Phyllis

No comments:

Post a Comment