Monday, January 18, 2010

Thursday afternoon update

I know you want to help but God providing.

Just pray for the injured. Lots have died all over the city though.

David and I have not had a bath since the morning of the earthquake. Not a good thing! No aftershocks since this morning - I hopethey have stopped.

Were able to get a little water in buckets and have enough filtered water. People are buying cases of Tampico (fruit drink) etc too so so far we're ok. People are cooking in the yard etc. It is like a tent city butI'm so glad we can help.

The basketball court is a clinic with tables linedup for treating the injured. I shredded sheets for bandages and cut up aloe for the 2 doctors who now live in Pasteur Joel's house to use - I asked what I could do and that is what they told me. I wish I could be more help down there but that is not my gift. I'll help in other ways.

Last night I fell asleep on cushions on the swing and looked at the stars and listened to the people singing hymns and just thanked God for being here at this time to help whoever we can. Mme Lucien and extended family (almost 20 people) were asleep beside me in the yard and David on the glider cushions on the patio.

Just pray the rain holds off so we don't have people getting soaked. We have tarps up all over the front and back yards of thehouse. Lots of people in Joel's yard too.

Haven't see Rosita - she fell and hurt her knees. I also fell after dark on my steps the night of the earthquake as I hurried to get something at thehouse. Banged up my right side so am sore as anything but nothing broken.

Motel can't be used anymore, our house has some major cracks but we are hoping they don't really affect the structure.

No comments:

Post a Comment