Monday, January 18, 2010

Thursday morning update

No news on jehu yet - no phones working so glad our internet stayed stableor we'd not have anything. It was so scary -I have a new mom and newborn right outside my door - thankfully she is nursing baby. Go to www.crossworld.org for more pictures of wounded on campus and other buildings.

Our house has lots of new cracks and tumbling plaster so still sleepingoutside - can believe that - me with the tarantulas, etc. I didn't sleep the first night - last night was so tired I took a Tylenol PM and told Godto keep us all safe - mme Lucien and family and close friend are sleeping right beside our patio. I slept without thinking of what might crawl on me.

So glad we have Toby (the dog) as it makes people be more cautious around our house but hurt so badly when I got up. I fell the first night and banged up my right arm, leg and him - no surprise there. We rigged up a tarp for them out in front of the house and lots of tarps, sheets and anything else we can find in theyard between our house and mcmartins. I can't walk over there unless I go down on the road and walk over. The estimate we have over 1,000 people on campus.

No water and no outhouse on campus anymore so they are digging one right now because we will be in big trouble soon. Still having aftershocks.

Thank everyone for praying - we need to remedy the water situation - I NEED a bath but used a slightly wet washcloth to wipe my face this morning - I fell sleep to people singing hymns in the yard and looking at the stars inthe sky.

Praise the Lord they just turned the generator on. We have food for a while so not worried about that - I know God will take care of the water situation and these aftershocks will stop soon too - that would be our prayers because every time there is one the whole campus is filled with calls for Jesus' help.

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment